Thursday, March 13, 2014

People for Bikes - Bike Lanes Funded in 6 US Cities

http://archinect.com/news/article/95482582/green-lane-project-brings-protected-bike-lanes-to-six-u-s-cities

I am on Archinect somewhat regularly, so I was pretty pumped to see in the last day this article that was totally transit related! Yay! As most of you know I'm a fan of walking and biking over taking a car, so it's nice to see funding being allotted for bike lanes in several cities to make that method of travel easier. Unfortunately I don't have any first-hand knowledge about traveling via bike in Pittsburgh, Atlanta, or any of the other cities set to receive funding for such lanes this year, so I can't say how bad traveling by bike sans bike lane in these places might presently be, but really I'm one of those riders who finds it mildly terrifying to ride anywhere that's got a reasonable amount of traffic when there's no designated lane, so for people like me in those places I imagine this might be exciting news. I just wonder if and how long biking as a trend may take to catch on in some of the cities...

No comments:

Post a Comment